
Lulu thought she was great fun and she also had a nice time with her brother who is 2 years 3 months and full of happy beans.
I made this quilt for Kate. (click on pictures for a larger image if desired)
Instead of batting I used a layer of thick diaper flannel. I had prewashed this when I got some years ago but I did notice a good amount of shrinkage after washing and drying the quilt but I think it just added to the crinkle look and gave it character. The Raggedy Ann and Stripes fabric were purchased from the fabric man in Al Khuwair.
For her brother (becuase lets face it new bubs get all the nice presents don't they!) there is this car carrier.
This is an in-the-hoop project from Sewingforsarah. His initials are embroidered on the front and it closes with three snaps. My hand stitching is pretty average and I hope over time it will improve and look more like an adult did it rather than a six year old.
For Mum and Dad there is this sling with matching bag.
It was lovely to catch up and have a nice chat. They are off on holidays now but we hope to catch up when they get back :-)
Thanks for stopping by ...
It's all lovely Clo. You make such wonderful gifts for your friends.
ReplyDeleteIt's been a while since I've come to your blog. I usually read it through my reader. I love the header and the colours. Looks fantastic!
wow...that looks fabulous....
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sewing. Perfect gift for the family. I love the quilt, the car bag and the sling .
I cannot imagine such a beautiful fabric from a shop in Al Khuwair. Please let me know the name of the shop.
Simply GORGEOUS, you are so talented Clo.
ReplyDeleteMeiya & I have painted a car road, yesterday I mnade a bag for it, next is the bag for the cars, which I had thoughts in my mind of something similar!!
Love the quilt, especially the Raggedy Ann material. I'm sure mum & dad will love the sling.
Sensational sewing with much love.
Mandy
Aww the quilt turned out beautifully, the sling, the car bag all are great.
ReplyDeleteI love how you put in such thought into your projects. Handmade gifts are the best
What a great job, really love the matching bag to go with the sling and clever idea putting the pocket in the sling it will be very help especially with having other small children to take care of at the same time as baby. Loved how the quilt turned out, great striped fabric. Then the car bag, very thoughtful to put cars in with the bag that would make any boys day.
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself, S
Clo - you have done it again! What fantastic presents. Love the look of your new blog too. I usually catch up with you via Reader as well :) But I just *had* to post a comment on this one. Awesome!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous...all of it Clo.
ReplyDelete