On the table tonight is a quilt for baby Kate who arrived a few weeks ago. I came across this lovely Raggedy Ann fabric in Al Khuwair and I decided to do a "simple" quilt so that I would actually get it finished before she was off to school!
The top will be just the Raggedy Ann fabric. Initially I was going to put a border around it with the stripes fabric that I got for the back. However when I took it out tonight I thought I might get a little fixated on getting those stripes exactly in line that I got a little spooked and chickened out.
Instead I thought I would invest the time in embellishing the quilt. I have finished the applique for her name which is in the stripe fabric that will be the backing. I wanted just a little more so I am currently making some Yo-Yo flowers. These do take a little time to do so I am happily listening some wonderful craft podcasts.
I am very excited that this week I am going to meet up with some other crafty mamas for our first Chatty Crafters session. Crafting is fun and chatting is great so a combination of the two just makes me giddy! (Oh how my life has changed LOL).
So what are you up to?
I cant wait to see the finished quilt love the fabric!
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to Wednesday our crafty meet