A long straight piece so I thought it would take me maybe 10 mins tops. Grrrrr... have you ever tried sewing that stuff? Oh my goodness it is a bear to work with. Initially I thought a zig zag stitch would be best to secure it but forget that, it would not even move under the feet. Next I tried a straight stitch, a little better but still little movement. Argh, lets break out the big guns and put the walking foot on the machine and we are ready to go ... no not really we are still sewing at snails pace. I had to pull it through the machine (poor Big Mama she was very forgiving for my rough handling of her) and all up it probably took about an hour!
Bias binding, ah the joy. This all started at 5.30am this morning as I was thumped by Lulu's leg cast as usual. For some reason I did not just roll over, groan and go back to sleep, for some reason my brain switched on :-0. Suddenly I remebered that a few weeks ago I promised Lulu I would make her something to swear to her friends party which is tomorrow. She asked me for something pretty and pink (so trying to pass off the recent Sophie Tunic was not going to fly boo-hoo). I came into my sewing room and looked through my pattern box. Not be satisfied with a pattern I had already made (so the pattern tracing was done, techniques tried and tested etc) I had to choose a new pattern. Why oh why do we do this to ourselves LOL. I am pleased to say that the pattern has been traced and cut and now all I need to finish before I can get sewing is the bias binding. We are unable to purchase quality bias binding here so I am making some (yes it is green but the rest of the dress is pink I promise!). Oh the agony of it all.
Thanks for stopping by ...
Ewwww - that would be horrid to sew! Better you than me ;)
ReplyDeleteRe the iron and your finger - try putting your iron onto a dry setting. I find that it's the steam rather than the heat of the iron that is ouchies when ironing binding. Hope that helps :) Hugs, Kat
Kat, about half way through I thought about that but then with my iron I did not think I would get the crisp creases so I persevered. Way too much in the end LOL so I have enough for another one!
ReplyDelete