Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sew Chic & Unique - Sew It Thread Catcher

The lovely Mayya over at Sew Chic & Unique has a Sew It (sew along) every Wednesday and just by the skin of my chinny chin chin I making it in before the end of the week ;-)

Her feature for Sew It last Wednesday was this tutorial for a thread catcher by Mellebugandme.


I whipped this up this morning while the kids had their TV / Computer time and Sami and had his nap. So start to finish was less than and hour and half with a few interruptions ... MOM ... yes my son says it the American way, and MUM from Lulu!

This is a nice way to keep your scissors and seam ripper close by and somewhere to pop your little cut offs and threads. My only thing is that getting them out when you clean it is a little tricky as those itty bitty threads like to hang on to the fabric. I had a little zip lock bag bulldog clipped to the table before and I guess I am use to the slippery plastic. maybe I could try one for my overlocker that has PUL pockets and that way the back will be slippery?

Well this was my first Sew It project - thanks Mayya!!! Now I just have to work out how to put your button on the sidebar???

By the way Mayya is also having a Give Away so go on over and check it out. While you are there have a look at her new craft forum. This is quite new and she hopes to get a lot of local crafters involved as well as international gals too.

Just as I finish I hear Sami up, that was great timing.

Thanks for stopping by...


2 comments:

  1. wow....that looks nice.....we have one more participant for Sew It...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in Sew it and mentioning the giveaway!

    To solve my thread sticking to the fabric i have a sandwich bag in there so once i am done i empty it and voila.

    ReplyDelete