My mum received her birthday present the other day so I can now post photos.
I made her the Patricia Tunic Top from Sis Boom which I purchased from You Can Make This.
I also sent her a bag.
I am a getting a little better at self covering buttons but I have yet to get it perfect.
It has a few zip pockets on the inside.
Both fabrics were purchased from the fabric man in Al Khuwair. I stood there for an hour trying to find a contrasting fabric for the tunic top and I left very frustrated and gave up deciding to do it all in one fabric. I have a girls version of the tunic top cut and ready to sew if my darling angels will give me a little peace tonight ... we can but dream ;-)
A friends daughter is going to make her first quilt - how sweet and ambitious given she is 13 - you go girl! So I am just linking back to a previous post HERE for her which listed loads of free quilting patterns. Good luck A!
Thanks for stopping by...
Aww Isra the top is beautiful and the buttercup bag is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteIts Mayya of course the N was a typo
ReplyDeleteHeehee, Mayya!
ReplyDeleteIsra, the top and the bag are but gorgeous! You talented woman! I am in awe! We must natter more about how I can get back into sewing clothes. Natter is my new Kiwi friend's funny lingo.
What a lovely daughter you are to send all this to your Mum! Good on ya!
You've excelled yourself yet again.Boy am I jealous....... i need to star making clothes! and the baby oh the baby, how beautifully small and pink! i agree cluck cluck cluck.
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing that verification word is achol, do you think it's telling me something?
LOL Mayya how funny, one of those days?
ReplyDeleteLaila if that sign was not for u then it should have been for me - what a day (me googley eyed here).
Alia, natter we will!
Aw!! Thanks so much!!! I'm gonna have a look-c rite now!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a great top and bag - I'm sure your mum will love them!
ReplyDeleteTunics are so popular right now and easy to make - and I am LOVING pleats at the moment - on bags/clothes...well done!
Wow.....that looks awesome....what a perfect finishing....
ReplyDeletethank you for the info....i know AL Hadramy in Al Khuwair...i hope i can find the fabric shop. Thank you for the detailed direction.
Yes my b'day was last week...thank you so much....
when and where you are planning to have a crafty chatters meet up...i don't drive...so kind of stuck...please email me (nimatitus at hotmail dot com)..let me see if i can make it ...thank you for calling me. Never got a chance to meet up with Joy or Mayya....hope I can make it soon one day.