I sent my sewing machine in to be serviced last week as it was skipping stitches. The technician returned the machine to me with a packet of needles telling me to use quality needles. :-0
I was a bit insulted to be honest. The sales guy said not use butterfly needles and I told him over the phone that I never buy Butterfly and all my needles are either Janome, Schmetz or Organ. later that night I took out my needle box to investigate.
Sure enough in one of the Organ packets were butterfly and unmarked needles, I had been scammed.
BUT WAIT it gets worse. Since then I have been looking more closely at all my Organ packets and you know what I think MANY of them are knock offs! The technician sent me a packet of Organ in a different coloured packet that cost about 1.200 or 1.500 from a shop in Ruwi. All the needles have the Organ name stamped exactly in line with the shaft.
The packet on the left is the one the technician gave me. If you click on the picture you will see how they are stamped (I copied the stamp, direction etc)
Interfacing. Gesh this is another hit and miss here. I decided to do some testing on the interfacings available here to see what holds up the best and which one is more suitable for projects like clothing or bags as we can not buy brand names that are often suggested in patterns like Amy Butler. I was thrilled to find a medium weight woven at the Ghubra Al hadramy but he has it out in the store room not in the shop so you have to be very specific or bring along a sample. This week I got 10 meters so the other Chatty Crafters didn't have to go to Ghubra to get some.
My samples are washed, dried and ironed and ready to share with the Chatty Crafters at our meet up this week.
On a lighter and totally unrelated note here are my lot playing "Where is the Bear" with Daddy.
Thanks for stopping by ...
Oh wow Clo, I can't believe that about the needles! I buy Organ needles from Catherine's Place in WA. Not sure if it is worthwhile getting them from her since you are in Oman, but her prices are very good, so thought I would mention it. I haven't had any issues with them, but then again I'm fairly sure they are the real deal. :)
ReplyDeleteMy packets are plastic and grey, I'll have to check what the are!
ReplyDeleteTell pooper boy, the next time i'm having a party he can bring his box!