So here we are with our fun thinking books.
I keep a little book box of colouring in and activity books so there is always something a little different to choose from than the last time. Laith's book has the answers on the bottom of the page and he (just like me!) reads them no matter how hard he tries not to. So now I pick a page and I turn up the bottom twice so he can't see it. Why not just rip it off you ask, ... well in case I can't figure it out of course LOL we mums have our moments too you know.
This afternoon we caught up with Laila and the kids. Great fun, it is a great way to end our day as we spiral towards that lovely "witching hour".
We got home around 6.15pm and decided to play outside for a while. The sand / water table is a big hit.
I have been waiting for this to come on sale for a while and picked it up this ELC sale. The summer days can be very hot and the kids can go a little stir crazy so I figured we could set it up in the kitchen on the hot days. Mind you the mess that was made today and that sand, my goodness that stuff just seems to migrate to places fully covered even without trying, I am rethinking the inside idea LOL. Maybe just water inside? Usually after sand pit time outside we just hose the kids down and shampoo them in the yard but with Lulu's broken leg that was not possible today so now we have a nice sand trail through the house - no Martha's here luv!
Sleep ... or should I say NOT sleeping. Sami is driving me crazy these last few days. It takes at least an hour to get him off to sleep. He just sits and chats, laughs, screams or whinges depending on his mood which can change every 30 seconds. Ah well lets hope this is just another phase.
I finished the embellishments on Kate's quilt and will take pics tomorrow before delivering it to her. I have a sling to make tonight and then I want to get into the pants and tunic top I started for Lulu last night. The pants are Ottobre and as usual I misread the instructions and hit a big stumbling block. All unpicked and ready to go tonight after I get this little darling off to sleep.
Thanks for stopping by...
Sounds like you had a lovely day. Your children are adorable!
ReplyDeleteThanks Karen, they are adorable but very very sandy!
ReplyDelete