The kids "helped" put it together and then they enjoyed diving into the dress up box before creating great adventures which allowed me to get some sewing done. Now looking at the photos you would not know that Lulu has a broken leg would you? sigh... I despair sometimes but I don't know what to do I just can't keep her still.
I finished Laith's birthday quilt late last night - YAY! My QC 6260 sewing machine was not playing the game with the stippling so I took out my MC10001 machine which I usually just use for embroidery these days and BANG perfect quilting.
I finished the quilting and changed the foot so I could do the binding. And then the machine went a bit funny. I turned it off and turned on and thought I would change the needle, well just as I had my fingers there it started sewing by itself - GASP stright through my finger and of course I pulled my finger away only to snap the needle - double OUCH. So the big mama machine has gone in for a well deserved service. I am hoping that a good service and cleaning of the sensors should fix her up well. I have decided to sell the QC machine and do the quilting on the MC10001 and buy a gutsy workhorse for my everyday sewing. The QC is only a year old and still under warranty so I hope it will sell well. There is no Juki dealer here but I have asked the guy at Salam stores to see what he can do as they stock one industrial Juki. This one would be great the only drawback is that it does not have zig zag or button hole making capacity. It is the motor I am after these days, I am tired of hearing the Janome man tell me that "these machines are not meant for lots of sewing".
Recently I was thinking about how I dispose of my broken or bent needles. I am aware that other people handle the rubbish so I started using empty mini M&M containers. A great way to put all the rubbish needles in and then throw the container away when full.
A rare find the other night at Borders in Qurum ... Applique for Little Ones. It is a darling book with clear instructions, lots of inspirational ideas and great templates at the back. When I got home I looked at the price on Amazon and choked ... it was $15 USD more to get it here! Oh well what to do LOL.
It sits nicely with my other treasures. I could spend hours (if the kids would let me) just looking through these books. Then my "to do" list grows and grows ...
I hope to post a picture of the quilt later after it has been washed and dried.
Thanks for stopping by ... and as my darling son says ... happy first of the month!
I have own a 6260 QC and have no problems with it yet. I am have nottried quilting with it though, its still fairly new only a couple of months old. I hope it doesnt give me problems a year down the line
ReplyDeleteMayya I think I have been spoiled with my bigger machine. I just need something with a stronger motor for everyday use. I guess they don't build machines like they use to.
ReplyDelete