Thursday, November 06, 2008

a U.F.O. done - yay!

I have had this U.F.O. (unfinished object) sitting here for a while and Laith has been getting a little impatient especially when he sees Lulu getting a new outfit every few days. I had on my list of things to do ... make art smocks for the kids ... and I thought I would use this pattern I got it in Spotlight on sale when I was in Australia. I searched high and low in Oman for some red fabric for Laith (in case you are the one person in whole world who does not know - Red is his FAVOURITE colour!) and all I could get was this denim which is nice but possibly a bit heavy for an art smock. He chose the embroidery for the front, he is a bit castle and knight crazy at the moment, so we took that route. It says Sir Laith to the rescue ... I got REALLY lazy in finishing it as it was late at night and I was determined to get it finished so I ended up sewing on some Mickey Mouse printed FOE (fold over elastic) for the neckline and hem. This is the back with snaps. He likes it so I am wayyyyyyy happy!

Next week it is Sheyam's birthday (I will never forget her birthday as she was born the day before Lujayne!) and I wanted to make her something in keeping with my Hand Made Pledge. Today I cut and finished this dress from the Belle Elysse pattern that I used for Lujayne's Hello kitty Eid dress. I was on a roll so I made her a Hippy Happy Lazy Days skirt and then matching headbands for both. This afternoon we went up to my sister in laws house and gave Sheyam the gifts which looked a little big given that she has such a small frame but she smiled so I was happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment