Friday, October 10, 2008

The Weeks Achievements

Yes I know three blogs in one night is a bit much but I often don't get computer time during the week when the hubster is here doing his thing. I posted before Eid about starting to sew clothes for the kids. Well I am glad to say that I managed to get a few more pieces done this week.

Firstly I wanted to acknowledge the patterns I used for the two outfits for Lulu.
Her Hello Kitty dress is the Belle Elysse Tiered Dress. I made a matching headband from a free download pattern from the Amy Butler Site. This photo was taken in Nizwa with her cousin Sheyam who is one day older than Lulu.

And her Brown outfit is the Scoop Neck Dress Top from Sew Sensible (Aimee has some lovely easy to follow patterns) and the pants are from the Karen Capri Pants and Halter top pattern.

I made some shorts for Sami and Lulu using the Betsey / Joey Shorts pattern and the close up pic is to show Aunty Sharon these are his Bahamas shorts, imagine finding that fabric here in muscat! Oh and Lulu is wearing all the jewelery from my mishmash box that I allow her to "play" with. It is a great diversion when I trying get something down which in this case was tidy out some draws in the bedroom. She was not long out of bed so not looking too glam either LOL.

For Laith and Sami I did some bermuda pants / pants using a great Monster Truck Timeless Treasure fabric I had sitting here for the past two years and I decided to burn up the cuffs with some flames. They loved them and I loved the pattern from CarlaC called the Easy Fit Pants. She has very detailed instructions so I would highly recommend her patterns for anyone starting out. I also made Lulu a pair (and one almost finished) of shorts from the same pattern.Finally I made Lulu a Hello Kitty ribbon trimmed skirt. This is the EASIEST skirt ever, seriously it takes about 30 minutes to ship up. I saw it mentioned over at SouleMama's blog where she had made a lovely little skirt from this free pattern by Oliver + S. Speaking of SouleMama I couldn't believe that Borders had a copy of her book the other day. Just the night before I had been looking at on line, needless to say I got it and I am loving it. Her blog gives me that bit of "outdoors" I sometimes need and sadly lack here in Muscat and now he book is giving me lots of creative ideas too.

This has been a long post, sorry I really get carried away when it comes to being creative. Off to finish Lulu's shorts and start on a shirt to match.

By the way I should let you know that Ali did not have to kidnap a maid from the airport last night as our lady (Tursini) arrived as planned - TG!!!).

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:25 PM

    It always makes me smile to see my patterns transformed into clothes for customer's beautiful children. Thanks for linking to my patterns.

    ReplyDelete