Saturday, November 01, 2008

Home Made and Yummy


This is my bread, yes I made it, ok well the machine made it but I put all the ingredients into the machine right! Yummy wholemeal bread made from regular wholemeal flour not these packets of "bread maker flour" available here in the supermarkets if you are prepared to mortgage your house. I had promised myself a bread-maker if the yard sale went well. On Thursday I got my little baby home and baked the first loaf which was a smidge yeasty but still nice.

Today after 3 hours and 55 minutes I had a wonderfully crusty large loaf of bread in my hands to go with the soup for dinner. I think if you lived here where the bread is full of preservatives and milk and sugar you would understand why I am so excited.

The hubster is not very excited he thinks it is cheating and a bit of a farse to call it home made! Bah humbug I say, what's that dear ... You'd like another piece .... hur-hurm sure SWEETIE!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yummy! I love fresh baked bread. I don't make it because I eat too much of it. :D

    ReplyDelete