Yesterday afternoon Tursini and I took the kids to the beach. I was a bit worried that there still might be too many dead fish etc as we have just experienced the second RED TIDE for the year. As we are only a few streets back from the beach the smell has been SUPER strong (imagine you left some fish in your car in the hot sun for a few days and then multiply that by a zillion and you will come close to the smell in the air!).The tide had changed the beach dramatically and as Laith
soon found out if you stepped near the pools of water the sand was like quicksand, a slow sink for the kids an even quicker sink for me LOL!We only saw a few dead fish and crabs along the beach as it appears the remnants of the red tide had been either cleared up or washed back into the ocean. They say this Red Tide was not as bad as 2001 and 2002 when over 27 tonnes of marine life was washed up on the shores. I remember I was working at the Al Bustan at the time and we had a big beach clean up to get all the dead fish off the beach before the guests got down there in the morning. Still a bit smelly ;-) Not what you pay the big bucks for but hey that's life!
Sami and Lulu has fun in the murky sand. It is not like the sand at home, this sand really sticks to you and judging by the look on Sami's face when he ate a handful it does not taste too good either. Oh and it was really windy as you can see from the palm trees in top picture.

I don't think I could cope with the smell :S The hotel is pretty impressive,those mountains are the perfect backdrop.
ReplyDeleteLooks like the kids had a great time.