
Tomorrow my "baby girl" turns 3! It has been a busy day here let me tell you. I thought I would do something "simple" for her to take to nursery rather than a complicated cake so I chose mini cupcakes.
Hmmmm.... suddenly this task was not so simple LOL. Nah, I had fun making them and now they are ready in the fridge to be taken in to school in the morning.

I was pleased to be able to use all my cake toppings that my sis had got me last year (if you click on the photo you will see how fab the toppings are!).

I thought I would try a different cake recipe and chose one from a great book my friend Judy got me "Kids Cooking". It is designed so that children can help you so there is not a lot of cutting and no dangerous electrical equipment. It wasn't until my arm was sending shooting pains through my body that I asked myself "why am I creaming this butter and sugar by hand instead of using the mixer?" DOH, next time I might turn my brain on when I cook!
My second task for the day was to make fabric bunting. Why? I don't know really, I just could not bear to buy the plastic Mickey Mouse or Barbie stuff that is in the shops only to be trashed afterwards. Now we have some lovely bunting that can be used over and over again. It was pretty easy to put together starting with some lovely fabric scraps

and ending with this.

My third task was to make a birthday dress for Lulu. As I type this blog it is 10.29pm so I am not sure if I will pull that one off.
Until tomorrow my friends...
Oh yummmmy yummmy! They look fabulous. So did you get the dress done? Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDelete