
Ta-Da .... Here is Sami's new pillow.
I made it last night using
this pattern from Kimberbell Kids over at
You Can Make This. I know I could have done it without a pattern but I wanted to get the alphabet cutouts already done, reversed etc as I will use them on a few projects in the next few months.
I made the front panel with some Organic Bamboo Velour, it is so soft and lush to touch (and such a bugger to sew!) but I wanted something soft. (click on the picture to make it larger and you will see the softness - ummm you will also see all the flaws LOL! )

Then the rest was made from different fabrics from my stash. It uses 2.5 inch strips so it is great if you had some left overs from a Jelly Roll. The back is a soft flannel.

I altered it just a bit as the pattern itself is just stuff and sew shut but I wanted to be able to remove the cover easily for washing so I added a bit of flannel to the front and turned it under (doubled) so I could put in blind snaps. Worked a treat. I also decided to cut down an existing feather pillow I had, yikes what a job I think I still have feathers up my nose! I then washed it and put it in the dryer with some tennis balls. They take FOREVER to dry!
That was my first attempt at applique and I certainly need more practice for sure.
That is so gorgeous. You must have a truly enviable stash.
ReplyDeleteHi Isra, I am getting in mind to start organizing in my head Eid pressies and want, as mentioned at your place two weeks ago, that I want to make all the gifts. I am pretty sure that I saw the purse organizer on your site so was looking for it and saw these pillows. Love, love love them! This is great! Thanks for the link.
ReplyDelete