
First let me tell you about the cake. DISASTER! LOL. Thank goodness the cupcakes turned out nice because my Three Layer (1 for each year) chocolate fudge cake was well shall we say NOTHING like the picture!
Before going to dinner I attempted to take a nice family shot but it was one of those nights when each child was doing their own thing. I am currently uploading the pics to Flickr (post note all done here they are) so hopefully there is at least one in there that Mum will like. Here is a sample of my monkies ...
We had the quickest dinner ever, I remember saying in the car on the way to the restaurant "Gosh it's only 7.12pm and it feel like 10 to 9 already" to Ali and that would have been when we were leaving Atheiba (about 15km from dinner) and we were back in the car by 8.17pm!!!!!! It wasn't that we didn't have a good time it was just that we were so early that the kitchen got our food to us in 10 mins, everyone ate, then Sami was restless so they went out into the inner centre to walk and then Lulu ran to join them only to run straight into the glass door. At that point we decided no coffee and dessert it was home for cake while the birthday girl was still awake.
A great day.
Of course the kids were in bed late somewhere around 9.30pm so this morning they slept well. So well that they did not come in as usual and I had turned off my alarm this morning in anticipation of getting up and well... yup I fell asleep again. I woke again at 7.52am, that is 8 minutes before Laith's school bell! Did I get up and panic, no, I decided a "mafi madrassa" (no school) day was in order.
No comments:
Post a Comment