Saturday, March 14, 2009

Skorts

I have a little dilemma at the moment in regards to Lulu and her clothes for nursery. I like her to wear pants and a t-shirt given all the running, jumping, rolling etc that she does. Lujayne on the other hand is insisting on dresses or skirts so that she is a "princess". So what was the solution? A Skort (Skirt and shorts in one) of course ;-)

The Skort pattern is by Sew Sensible and I got mine here from YCMT. I really like Aimee's patterns, simple and very effective. She is so lovely over the email and will help you with any queries.

I made the first one last week.and Lujayne thought it was very funny that there were pants underneath!


Today I finished the second one with a few alterations. I decreased the width of the skirt by 2" so it is not as "full". It is meant to be a twirl skort (which Lulu loves as shown in the picture below!)but I felt that last one had a little too much fabric in it with all the ruffles etc. I also added 2" to the length of the skirt panel so that the skirt would completely cover the shorts. I did not put a ruffle on the shorts. I used a knit and just added a white cotton trim.


I used my new CoverPro machine for the shorts. It was nice to use and I know I will need to play a little with the techniques and tensions but so far so good. Next on my list is a T-Shirt to go with this skort that I will embroider for St Patrick's day.

Thanks for stopping by ....

No comments:

Post a Comment