Well this is it, my first quilt!
It is a Christmas present for my Mum. Yes, it is a few months belated but it is finished and it was made with much love and consideration.
The fabric is from the Freshly Squeezed range, I used a Jelly Roll and some extra yardage for boarders etc. The backing fabric my Mum chose while she was here and we got from a local fabric store.
You will notice the corners are rounded due to my floof up on the corner sewing.
It has it's imperfections but I choose not to focus on them.
I also wrote her a message
It is 60" x 60".
Merry Christmas Mum, I could not think of a more deserving person to give my first quilt to.
Sorry for the crappy photos I had to take them in the lounge room under poor lighting as Mum leaves in a few hours and it just came out of the dryer.
Thanks for stopping by ... now I better get to bed, just 2.5 hours until I have to wake up LOL!
That is one pretty impressive quilt. I love love love the fabric and the name suits it. It reminds me of orange juice and summer. You've done a fantastic job with the free motion quilting. The rounded corners suit the quilt too. Congratulations that is a superb quilt for your first effort too. That was pretty clever of you to have picked quilting up so quickly. But I should of known you would you do make such pretty things.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI agree with everything Tracy said.
ReplyDelete