Monday, March 09, 2009

Lulu's eating smock / pinnie

My Mum calls them pinnies (sp?) and I am happy to call them anything other than a "bib" as Lulu is now 3 so saying to her "we need to put a bib on to protect your lovely dress" doesn't go down to well!

Tonight I was cutting some PUL fabric for another project and I remembered that I have been desperately needing to make Lulu some pinnies so I cut a piece out from a cotton knit PUL that I thought she would like. I decided to "line" it with cotton as I have noticed in the past when I make single layer bibs for Sami from Pul that they tend to curl up down the bottom.

So here is the tester that I will try with her tomorrow.
FRONT


BACK

If all goes well then I will run her up a few that she can use for meal times as I tell you my little princess is NOT very princess-like when she eats. Who cares, she eats!

This was a quickie, from cutting to finish maybe 45 minutes but now that I have a pattern drafted and the binding / trim worked out I would say 20 mins to run one up. I will let you know how it stands up to the Lulu test.

thanks for reading ....

No comments:

Post a Comment