Thursday, March 19, 2009

Birthday Gift and General Buzz

We have a birthday party to go to tomorrow so I will keep this brief as I have not yet made Lulu's party dress (sigh).

Today I finished the gift for the little girl. A bag with her name embroidered on the front and opposite panels of pink and pink pony / unicorn.
Also a set of Express Yourself Hand Puppets. They have chalkboard fabric faces so you can decide what kind of mood they are in! I was going to put a pocket for the chalk and "duster" but in the end I reused an empty mini M&M's container and put the fleece duster around it.



This was the first time I have made these little fellas (from Sewing for Sarah Embroidery, she has great sales BTW, I got this one for $5 instead of $24!) so I did a tester first and then as they all turned out ok I made a bag for Lulu's nursery and I will give them to her teacher on Saturday. I think they would be great in the teaching environment for children to express themselves (hence the name I gave them).

While I was finishing these Laith was doing a meccano crane (this was a tough one and I had to do a fair bit towards the end) and Lulu was making a birthday card for tomorrow.
Laith also gave the puppets a test run.

Hugs to all, have to run (and sew), thanks for stopping by ...

No comments:

Post a Comment