Finally I found someone I want to listen to about children and preschool and play.
Can you imagine that parents have the nerve to sue a preschool over not testing etc. Too much play is never a bad thing. Ok so that is just my humble opinion but in life I would rather be treated by professionals be it a doctor, sales clerk, teacher who as a child had fun learning and discovering and PLAYING. Ok I will step down off my soap box now.
Thanks for stopping by ...
Here, here Teacher Tom good on you for all that you do.
I loved discovering what my 4 learnt through me at home & at preschool, they all cruised into primary school with comments on their report cards like "extensive general knowledge" which i was so proud of. Now with my eldest in high school, education is something which builds & builds, there is book smart, social & sport smart + what they learn from home, travel, experience to make a well rounded child to release into the world. Love Posie
ReplyDeleteTesting in preschool?
ReplyDeleteWell, you'd know what side of the fence I'm on with all of this stuff. Ages ago my instincts told me that the standard American model for education is severely lacking. Standardised testing is not the answer.
Isn't that playground vile?
ok. what are you talking about?
ReplyDelete