After lunch today the kids were hanging around with that “we are bored” tone in their voices, urgh where is Aunty Sharon when you need her?
Last week Laith some commercial goo / slime in a tub from the International Day fair. I hate that stuff and all the chemicals that are in it so today I told Laith I would show him a nicer goo that is home made and does not have any nasty chemicals.
We spread out a plastic sheet and made some eewy gooey goo.
Then is was which one is better …
Laith liked his because it made less mess …
But the home made one was better for playing with and who could argue with this face?
After pouring out onto a tray it was fun to play with it in a more “solid” form.
So if you are after a nice activity to keep the kids happy for half an hour then make some goo.
Take 1 cup of cornflour, add about 3/4 cup of water mixing it with your hand slowly. add a few drops of colour if you wish. Then have fun being gooey!
Finally Lulu added some red colour to see if it would mix in.
It did but not as easy as she thought and a little messy
I have seen a few recipes that use glue and warm water for a slimy goo but I wasn’t prepared to waste my precious Elmers white glue and lets face it cornflour is way cheaper!
Thanks for stopping by …
Great fun. But definately for outdoors in this house lol.
ReplyDeleteMy kids love doing goo, but you're right - it's so, so messy!!
ReplyDelete