It should be nice to be welcomed back by people but when it is the nurses in the hospital you sometimes wish they did not know you so well
Does this room look familiar?
Here is a hint …
Yes, we were back in the Orthopedic Treatment room today this time with Sami.
Since Sunday he has not put his foot down so we felt it was time to consult the Orthopedic Surgeon. This Dr. was great, he deals mostly with kids and had such a special way with Sami. The great news is that his foot is not broken.
However it appears his hip is suffering from post traumatic stress (PTS)! Seriously. So because his hip is not happy about the injury it tells him not to put his foot on the floor. Okay … is all I could say as he was telling me. You have no idea the images I had in my head about this weeping sad hip, I think I must have been too tired to put it all together and not find it somewhat amusing.
Sami now has a a cast on the back of his leg. The idea is to provide support so he will feel more confident in walking. If he walks this week I can remove the cast. if not we are back to the surgeon on Thursday to investigate the hip further.
He is not very happy about the cast and would not let me take his picture this afternoon, lol, poor wee boy I understand his need for alone time (a.k.a. Leave Me Alone time) . This was the best I could get.
Thanks for stopping by …

Oh Sorry to hear this Clo i remember when i first found out about your blog it was when Lulu was in a cast.
ReplyDeleteSo sad that its Sami's turn now i really hope he will be able to walk on his foot so you can take the cast off must be very difficult for him to move around..
Hope it heals soon, no pool time for a while? :(
ReplyDeleteoh...my...i'm sorry to read this Isra...hope he is going to be fine soon.
ReplyDeleteHaving to take our children to the hospital is never pleasant. Is he getting lots of doodles on his cast? Hope he starts to use the leg ASAP.
ReplyDelete