Friday, March 04, 2011

International Day

The long awaited International Day was held at the school yesterday. Lujayne and Sami sang two songs along with their class.

IMG_8450

They had the option to wear national dress but to be honest I was feeling very lazy in terms of having to change them after their songs so I decided against (slack mummy).

They loved this blow up slide.

IMG_8459

They just kept climbing up one wall, sliding down the other side over and over and over again.

IMG_8456

IMG_8457

They also had great fun on the camels.

IMG_8463

I got a little too close to this cranky guy!

IMG_8467

The food stalls were fantastic. It was great to see so many foods from around the world in one place.

IMG_8474

All that wonderful food and my kids still think that popcorn is the best food ever! Sigh … they are funny.

IMG_8471

I was very grateful that Marlene came along with me to help with the kids as Ali was at work.

The library also had a sale of books they were discarding. We filled a bag for 10 Omani Rials and the kids were very happy with that although I am not sure where I will put them!

It was a great few hours. Have I mentioned I lurve lurve lurve this school (umm yes maybe a few times LOL?) We are heading back there today for the Elementary Schools production of the Jungle Books kids.

Thanks for stopping by …

1 comment:

  1. ah, it makes such a difference when we, as moms, love the school doesn't it! Looks like a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete