Wednesday, March 02, 2011

National Pride

My sister directed me to this video, and I wanted to share it with you. I realise any Australian based readers will have seen this already but for those of you who have not you might enjoy seeing the Australian Spirit in action. It left me with a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye - Go Aussie Go!


I am so very proud to be Australian. I am also so very proud to live in Oman.

In these turbulent times in the Middle East and most recently here in Oman (thanks to a few hooligans that have now tarnished the excellent reputation of this beautiful country) it is nice to be reminded of how people have pride in their home land.

moz-screenshot
Yesterday there was a march for peace in support of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos which attracted many followers and showed the true spirit of Omanis in comparison to the cowards who participated in and started the problems at the Sohar rally last Friday. Sky News, BBC etc were quick to publish the “riots” but not so quick to publish the good news! One thing worth noting in Oman the women walk alongside the men not behind them. His Majesty has done a lot for the Omani women and is continuing to do so on many levels.

image

Although his Majesty has been ruler for a long time he has done amazing things for this country and its people. I think this article by Robert Kaplan gives you a good idea about his leadership.

I hope and pray that the concerns of the people can be raised and addressed in a peaceful way and that Oman is not seen by others as being similar to Libya, Egypt, Tunisia or Bahrain.


Thanks for stopping by ...

1 comment: