Saturday, March 26, 2011

Eyad’s First Food

The little man is 5 months this week and I thought I would test the waters in terms of “real food”. He has been exclusively breastfed to this point and all has gone well except his waking every 2 hours between 12am / 1am and 6am is taking its toll. I am tired and I feel I am getting upset, annoyed and losing patience with the other children far too easily these days.

Eyad enjoyed his meal.

IMG_8620

At first I only mixed 1 tablespoon and 20ml of bm as I didn’t want to waste the precious breast milk in case he was not interested Winking smile But no fear he ate it all up and then screamed at me for more, ha-ha good boy.

IMG_8622

I hope this will fill him up more and he can sleep better.

I am also trying again to get him to drink from the bottle but that is no going so well. What can I say, he is a boob only boy! Ah but do not fear he may have won the last few battles but I am in there to win the war so watch out my little man. Mummy loves you honey!

Thanks for stopping by …

5 comments:

  1. What a cutie! My money is on you. These kids need to realise that their mums are stubborn too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure does look happy, and doesn't he resemble his siblings with those beautiful dark eyes!
    My little uns would take none but boob nourishment until at least 7 months - all food would be disgustingly spat out.
    It all happens so quickly, the cycle of life, I can't believe how quickly our kids are growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, he looks so big and so happy! Stick to your guns Mom and all will be brighter once you get the much needed sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is gorgeous Clo and looks like he really enjoyed his food.

    I am sure you will win the breast vs bottle war it will just need some time and perseverance just keep at it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks so happy with the people food!!
    And I have to laugh... When you abbreviated breast milk to bm, my mind took a turn...

    ReplyDelete