Now for those of you who work you probably read the title with a tone of excitement but I am betting if you are a mom out there with a couple of kids you may have read it a bit differently The weekend here in Oman is Thursday and Friday and it seems to me that Wednesdays just swing around a little too quickly these days.
Today I managed to get two dresses traced and cut in the morning while little Eyad was doing this …
I am trying THIS e-pattern for an A Line dress that I purchased over a year ago but did not get around to making at the time. It is by Carla C over at Scientific Seamstress and if you are new to sewing or looking for a nice easy to follow pattern then look no further than Carla’s patterns as she has lots of pictures and detailed explanations and tips. She also includes in her patterns a size for 18” dolls such as the American Girl doll. I am making a dress for Lulu and also one for her friend who is having her birthday party tomorrow. This little gorgeous little girl has a teddy that she takes everywhere so I thought I would make a similar dress for teddy too.
Tonight I got Lujayne’s dress sewn up and even a coordinating one for her doll.
Teddy here is displaying it and he is a little more rotund than the American Girl dolls that these patterns are made for so it does a look a little snug. And on a side note I am still getting over the American Girl doll industry!! For $100 a doll I should hope she will be my best friend Don’t get me started on the clothes. A personal shout out to my sis here - Sharon if we ever get to New York then I think you might just have to take Lulu to this place for tea and pampering (yes there is a doll hair salon!) just so you can experience it, LOL.
Speaking of snug have you ever tried to fit into a pair of jeans that are a size too small? Today when I was cutting out the dress for Hana I was a little short on fabric and in the end I had about 1/4 inch space left on the top and bottom.
I kept saying to the fabric breath in, breath in, you can do it. It reminded of those tight jeans!
I shall update you tomorrow on the dresses.
This afternoon my two little munchkins were helping me cut up some felt for a St Patrick's Day craft I am doing with Lujayne’s class next week.
They can be such darlings!
Thanks for stopping by…
Clo, my mom always said that the baby swing was a godsend with me. I was a clingy baby.
ReplyDeleteI think next time we are in the US my mom is planning on taking Moo to Dallas which is where the closest American Girl shop is. I can't believe the cost of some of the stuff, but at least everything is age appropriate and nothing is trashy. I don't feel bothered by Moo looking through the AG catalog over and over. And there are lots of patterns out there to make clothes. I really love the ModKid doll patterns, but I should try some of Carla's.
Sara I think i would like to go too! I understand what you mean about being appropriate. I was at Toys R Us the other day and shuddered as I walked down the doll aisle could some of those dolls been anymore inappropriate?? What kind of message is it sending to our girls. Does Moo have one? I love the ones that are based on real people too.
ReplyDelete