Ah to be sure to be sure it is a good day for the Irish indeed. A very Happy St Patrick’s Day to you all.
We celebrated yesterday at school as today is the weekend and the kids are off.
What is St Paddy’s day without some yummy gooey green cupcakes?
Yes, enough for three classes and the teachers. A big thanks to my sis who sent me the cake decorations.
We had a fun day at school yesterday doing arts and crafts with Lulu’s class.
I have been working on drafting a “1 yard apron smock” pattern for a while so I thought this was a great opportunity to try it out. Reversible smocks for all the teachers in Lujayne’s class with of course some nice shamrocks on one side in celebration of the day.
Lujayne was class leader for the day and lead the class in their morning routine.
She was a little over zealous with that pointer stick and poor Mohammed in front of her almost got wacked on the head but thanks to Ms. Julies quick reflexes he was saved
At school I read a St Patrick’s Day story and we talked about the leprechauns. After story time we got to work on making our rainbow so that we could entice the little leprechauns to come.
After the children went out to recess those naughty little leprechauns got into their classroom and made a mess and little footprints around the room and guess what, they left a basket of golden goodies at the end of their rainbow too.
The kids were so excited. I could not believe how they go so worked up about the leprechauns having been there. Oh to be so young and innocent again …
Then it was time to snack on those yummy cakes.
With all that is happening in the world it was so nice to be able to just step into their little carefree world for a while.
Before signing off I wanted to show you the reversible side of the aprons. The pattern still needs some tweaking but I was glad to be able to try it out on a few different body types. Here is Lulu’s wonderful team of teachers.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick’s day.
VERY NICE! What a lovely day and you worked so hard! If you ever need MY body type, I'm at your service!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Alia I will keep you in mind ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt was such a lovely day and worth the effort.
Hope we can catch up again soon. Maybe after the spring break?
Looks like such a fun classroom!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, too, for stopping by my blog and commenting!