Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bath Time Painting

Today was a busy day. Three different playdates for the wee munchkins. After school Sami went home with Daniel while I took Lulu up to Amy’s house for a swim with the girls. Then it was down to Daniels to pick up Sami and home in time for Laith to arrive home with his friend Jose. Whew … we did it!

Little Eyad is so wonderfully patient with me dragging him from pillar to post but I could tell by late afternoon he had had enough. I wanted 20 minutes quiet time (well you know as quiet as it can get with all the kids home) to feed him and get him off for a late nap. Laith was busy with Jose so I thought I would let the kids do some painting in our bathroom to keep them busy and then eventually get them clean and into their pj’s for an early dinner and movie.

Both of them got a muffin tray with six different colours of shaving foam and two paintbrushes. I put a few drops food colouring in each try and then added the shaving foam and mixed them but next time I will put the foam and then add the colour as I think they will mix more evenly.

IMG_8604

They got to work painting the bath, the tiles and of course each other.

Once Sami lost interest he just mashed all the colours together which was pretty in a way.

IMG_8606

You will be happy to know that all it washes away with water at the end and there is no trace of colour anywhere.

This is a nice activity to experiment with colours, talk about textures, and express themselves with their art. Hmmm so much fun maybe I will try it myself in the shower tomorrow Winking smile.

Thanks for stopping by …

1 comment:

  1. Isra...so nice to read your blog post ...god bless you.

    ReplyDelete