Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Ruwi finds

We had a little outing to Ruwi this morning. Ruwi is a “suburb” in Muscat that is very busy and filled with lots of nothing and everything, if you know what I mean.

When you go fabric shopping it can be a bit hit and miss. Today was more of a miss compared to previous trips however I was able to pick up some great sheeting for the kids. This was .600 baiza a meter (AUD$1.80 or USD$1.50). I got enough for a fitted and flat sheet and pillow cases, it is all washed, dried and ready to go.

mini-sheeting fabric

After visiting the notions shop and one other fabric store we headed over to Daiso. This is the Japanese dollar shop where everything is 600 baizas.

The best find was these Japanese driving gloves which are perfect for quilting and I also found some cushioned knee pads so I won’t get such sore knees when I am down on the floor basting my quilts of cutting large fabric. Oh and Alia found a bodkin, how funny is that! (I had posted about them here).

mini-glove

mini-Daiso goodies

It will probably be a few more months now before I go back ;-)

2 comments:

  1. that fabric looks nice...Is it pure cotton...

    Next time Ruwi trip ...please let me know....We can plan a chatty crafter session at my place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that fabric is lovely, would have bought it too.

    ReplyDelete