Sunday, August 02, 2009

Chatty Crafters

With Lulu's cast and my sister arriving I did not get back and post about our Chatty Crafters meet up on Wednesday. It was so lovely, the gals are so much fun and the time just seems to fast forward way too fast.

We did not get a huge amount done as I had guessed as cutting and preparing the interfacing takes a huge chuck of time. We got up to the handles so that was good going.

Alia's daughter Amal decided to have a little go on the machine I had set up for her and man that girl is a natural. Alia had better watch out as I think Amal will be getting the fabric bug soon and this could be costly, very costly he-he. Amal is an excellent listener and so keen to learn that it was such a pleasure to show her a few basics. She even ended up making a few things just from diving into my "scraps" bin. For photos and more details please check out Alia's blog entery here.

My sister is here and is keen to join our Chatty morning even so I have asked her to lead us in a Softie making session using one of the softies from this book ...


We are deciding between Polly (p18) or Hector Giraffe (p62 also featured on the cover above at the top) so of course my industrious sister is going to make up both so I can see which one is more suited to our level and the small amount of time we have. Then we will finish the bag ;-)

It is funny because I keep saying to my sister "the Crafty Chatters" LOL instead of "Chatty Crafters", do you think there is something Freudian in that?

Thanks for stopping by ...

5 comments:

  1. I am green green green with envy, your stuff's not bad either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope one day i can make it for your chatty crafters meet up....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I am SOOO excited! OMG! I don't know what to do with myself!

    I will move mountains to make tomorrow happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot myself there ladies, do apologize!

    I vote for Polly!!

    However, whatever you all suggest is cool with me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:03 PM

    Oh wow!!! I'm so flattered!!! Thank you!!! For teaching me how to use the machine and being so patient with me!!! The fact alone that you let me use your scraps was VERY generous!!! :-)
    Amal

    ReplyDelete