It was time to have a makeover, for my sewing room that is. I am very lucky to have a room that I share with my husband. Hmmm I say share but honesty the poor man has been elbowed over to one side now, bless him he is a wonderful man!
So here was the start of the clean out. We have constant construction going on around us so I have a major battle with dust. Everything has to be put away and cleaned very regularly.
I have tried to find a picture of the sewing room as it was but no luck. Lets just say cluttered and a little disorganised ;-)
After removing everything from the room it was time to get cleaning and sorting. Oh the pain of it all.
I wanted a desk that would accommodate all my machines and also be quilting friendly and I found the perfect solution at IKEA. The desk arrived and I spent a fair while assembling it while muttering things about a group of Swedish IKEA employees forgetting to complete half of the instructions ;-)
All done.
Here is a view from the door. The walls are very bare as my hubby has a thing about putting screws into walls. Hey I say let him have his “things” just looking at this picture and all the fabric I think I have bigger issues LOL.
It has adjustable legs so now my machines are at the right level and I don’t get that hunched up feeling in my arms and shoulders. I am thrilled that I can have my sewing machine, coverstitch, overlocker and embroidery machine all out at the same time.
And my darling husbands office space.
My books, patterns and files are “almost” sorted outside.
And this is my RRR (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) stash ready for the Chatty Crafters to rummage through and then it will be donated to my sons nursery and an Omani sewing group.
Oh and for any local ladies reading, check out this fabulous organiser I found at Ramez for RO 3.000. There is also a three layer one for RO 2.500. Perfect for all those notions etc.
Now that my room is back in order I have a zillion things to get on with. One thing I am hoping to start is the colour wheel quilt that my sister got for me. These are the fabrics that will make up the colour wheel. I read through the instructions last night and decided there and then that I need my sisters help to get started so I got the fabrics out today and washed them.
Sharon is here for only 5 more days so we have lots to fit in, I just don’t know where the past month has gone.
Thanks for stopping by …

WOW! That is GREAT Isra!!! I'm so happy for you. I am knee deep in organizing my room and I have no where to go!! Wonderful!
ReplyDeletewow...that was nice to see your well organized sewing room....
ReplyDeleteLooks great Isra congrats i actually have the same desk from IKEA but i use it for my laptop.
ReplyDeleteI need to get my sewing room in order. My niece is due back soon so she will be here to look after the kids while i get some sewing done YAY
This is so inspiring! My sewing room is such a mess right now!! I'm off to get some tidying up done.... ;-)
ReplyDeleteWow oh wow Clo- it looks fabulous!
ReplyDeleteWhat a huge wonderful space! Yay! Get sewing ;)
great space Clo!
ReplyDeleteWhat a luxury to have room for all of your machines to out together! :)
Happy creating!
that's a great room, and so organised.
ReplyDeleteGill in Canada