Laith loves to take his Nintendo DS with him everywhere just in case there is some boring time ;-). The problem is that his case does not hold all his games and the Nintendo it is very hard to get it zipped closed. I saw a great tutorial by Tracy over on Mad Quilter a while ago and had it bookmarked for this very occasion.
I made an error on the pouch flap as I cut it too wide so you will see on Tracy’s tutorial pictures if you cut it the right size it fits better LOL. I also added an extra row of pockets in the inside
and a zip pocket at the back
so he can store his extra pen stick and the game boy cartridges which are bigger in size (took me a long time to work out you can play them still on the DS!). I had planned on doing snaps but sister suggested velcro might be a bit easier for him so I put the velcro but you need to be careful not sew over your inside pockets or they will be half closed (err pass the seam ripper please!). I left it by his bed last night and he was thrilled with it this morning.
My sister has generously gifted him an iPod nano so he can take on his trip. (sshhhhh it is still a surprise until later today!) Hmmm I thought we need a case for that too. I based this case on this tutorial over at Made by Petchy.
His is a different shape so I used her tutorial as a guide and then added a few features like a velcro loop so he can hold his earphones and a neck strap.
It has a felt inner to keep the iPod nice and safe.
The fabric I used is from the Michael Miller range Bots N Rockets.
POST NOTE - He was thrilled with his iPod (umm who wouldn't be!) and here is a picture of him with the pouch.
The last few days here have been HOT. We have spent most of our time indoors. What to do … ah torches are always fun. Auntie Sharon was a great referee!
wow...that's beautiful...very useful stuff
ReplyDeleteIsra thats wonderful and so practial to have. I love it :)
ReplyDeleteI am sure they will have a great time and miss you terribly
I could do with having both those, as we have both a Nintendo DS and I have an I Pod.
ReplyDeleteGill in Canada