Today I took the time to read the instruction manual for my Janome 1600P (I know, shock horror LOL).
Do you have a cloth guide (CG) for your machine and if you do have you used it?
I have had my other Janome for well over 1 year and I have never once attached the cloth guide! Today I thought I would give it a try as I was making a tunic top that required a 1/4” seam allowance.
I set the CG for a 1/4” and ta-da I had a nice strong guide for my fabric and a perfect 1/4” seam. When I don’t need it but I want to feed larger fabric through then I just loosen the screw and turn the guide the opposite direction. Takes no more time than it would to put on a 1/4” foot. The only thing is you need to make sure pins are not to the edge like you can see mine are in the above photo or they might just catch on the guide and push your fabric. As I don’t sew over my pins anymore I simply just pinned vertically instead. This will be very useful when quilting.
This is the first project on my J1600P and she was wonderful. Man she is gutsy and strong and really not that much noisier than my QC6260.
I will post about the tunic tomorrow when I can get some daylight shots.
So happy to be sewing! Thanks for stopping by …
A cloth guide hmm i dont think my machine came with one of these!!
ReplyDeleteWill have to check oh and btw i love your pins where did you get them from?!