Yesterday before Laith left I asked him and Lulu to decorate their travel bags. I gave them both a rectangle piece of calico, fabric pens and an embroidery hoop and left them in the capable supervision of Auntie Sharon (AS) while I packed.
Lujayne’s is on the left and Laith’s is the right.
The bags are intended as souvenir bags so while they are on holiday (Lulu will have a mini holiday soon with us) they can put their tickets, maps etc in and then we can show each other when we all get back together at the end of the month. If inspired I hope we will make a collage or something similar.
They both did a great job on their bags.
Sami and Lulu did a little craft today. Lulu is obsessed with spending 24/7 with AS and while she is a brilliant Aunt I am sure she would like a little quiet time to herself so I got the kids to do a picture. Lujayne said her picture was for Laith “because I miss him sooooooo much mummy” awwwwwww sniff sniff. No sooner did they have them done and it was “can I go show AS now?”, poor AS ;-)
AS then made some cookies with the kids which I then went and burnt {{sign sorry}} but I was able to salvage a plate for afternoon tea. No photos I was not thinking at the time, darn.
I missed my boy terribly today and I was delighted when they rang to say they had arrived safely.
Thanks for stopping by …
Aw bless you guys! Isra, it is official! In my brain, you are the coolest mom! You are SOOO lucky to have such a cool sister too! Bless you both.
ReplyDeleteMy heart just fell for you when you said you miss Laith! My Ali spent the night with his uncle and I miss his mug in the morning! He is my early bird.
Amal's impending leave is starting to chip away at me!
Any news on Dubai?