Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Windows Live Writer

Finally tonight I took the time to troubleshoot the upload problems I was having with Windows Live Writer. Ok friends I have to say I very much like this off-line way of writing blog posts.

You can upload your pictures, then choose a frame, and even place your own watermark on them like this …

mini-softie front

There are lots of tools to make your blogging life much easier.

Initially I had some issues with being able to upload the pictures and I got an Error 403 message. If that happens to you let me know I can help you through it but basically I just logged into my Picasa account and BANG all was ok!

You can also set it to post your blog on a particular day so you could even create them in advance, well you know if you were that organised which I am not LOL.

Big thumbs up from me!

Oh and before I forget the two lovely softies above are the mock-ups my sister did for the Chatty Crafters softies sewing morning. We have decided to go with Polly on the left and you can decorate her face how ever you like ;-) More on that later.

Thanks for stopping by …

6 comments:

  1. Hi! Very cool. I'm confused though. You don't like WLW and you did all this in Picasa? Or you did all this in WLW and then used Picasa to upload?

    I've also been messing around with watermarking but it is so difficult and I am still not happy.

    Do share please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...the softies look very cute.. Thank you for the idea of windows live writer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alia it is really easy sorry I confused you ;-)

    OK download WLW. Set up your details (includes putting in your blog address etc). Write a new post. Upload it.

    IF you get an Error 403 THEN you might have to just set up your picasso account (for me I had one but had not used it for years so I just had to wake it up a little LOL). Then all was ok.

    Try to post via WLW frist, if you get the error then give me a shout. The watermark is very easy to do in WLW you chose the position, font etc.

    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and saves loads of time love the watermark on the photos :)

    I wonder if this would work of wordpress as my site is powered by Wordpress..hmm will have to look into this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. I need to find out now if it works on a Mac! I want to post so many photos but it takes me hours to get it together on the computer! I love my computer but come on!!

    Thanks for clarifying and good luck to you others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Alia the world of MAC is so foreign to me I hope it works for you.

    Mayya yes it does work for wordpress too as I know a few wordpress and typepad gals that use it too.

    ReplyDelete