I am still on my quest to find the right messenger bag construction method that ticks all my boxes.
This one I made for one of Lujayne’s friend as we attended her birthday this afternoon.
I like this one better than the one I made yesterday as it has more structure to it with the side and bottom panels. Here is the back with her initial on the bag and her on crayon roll.
Lulu liked it and tried it on for size which then made me think it might a little too big?? Maybe take it down and inch or so? Do you prefer it square or rectangle?
The theme of the party was Strawberry Shortcake and the cake was very well done. I don’t think the photo will do it much justice as I was taking it with my phone and I had Eyad in my arms jiggling about, but you get the gist.
Thanks for stopping by …
Those are adorable!!!! I've been looking for a good messenger bag pattern myself, but for more a teenage "hold all my books" type of thing. Now I know it can be done!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
I am thinking I would like some for myself too! Are you on the Crafty Mamas forum? http://craftymamas.com.au/forum/index.php
ReplyDeletethere is a lady there mandy who made a bunch for her kids (she has eight soon to be nine! and still she manages to sew up great stuff). Her bags are shown in a post messenger Bags under Bags.
I love your bag and the fact that it's so neat! I only have basic knowledge in sewing...but wan't to learn more! May be some day when I get some time from all my current projects and passions! Haha!
ReplyDeleteThe cake is wonderful..!
Thanks dear, for stopping by.
Woo hoo! I can comment again! :) I LOVE this bag! Did you create it yourself? My kids would flip for their own bags. I have incredibly basic (and I mean basic) sewing skills. I'm currently making myself a skirt and just figured out a few things.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to be able to do this! Nice work! The cake is adorable.