Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hopping Craft and Cakes

Tomorrow is the last day before the short Easter break. Lulu and Sami painted some cards this afternoon for their teachers and instead of an Easter Egg we are giving them a pack of Tim Tams each (you gotta spread the Aussie chocolate luv!) as I am pretty sure once Al Fair sells out we won’t see them again in Oman.
IMG_8718
After the bunnies I asked Sami if he wanted to do some roller painting and create a picture. Once again I had to shut my mouth and let him paint the way he wants …
IMG_8719
then I asked if he wanted to finger painting and I put some special neon paints into little pots for him. At first he dipped his finger in and dabbed the paint on the page but he was pretty unimpressed so he grabbed a paintbrush and painted his hands and smacked them down on the paper and then jumped up and down saying yay … it is the process Mum, I have to tell myself over and over.
IMG_8723
His pictures were fab!
Here are the finished cards with a little fluff added and some lovely stickers that Auntie Sharon had sent the kids.
IMG_8730
Speaking of Auntie Sharon and her Easter craft we took some of the materials to school to do craft with the kids and here is a picture of some of their goodies.
IMG_0021
Miss Julie thanks you Sharon as does Miss Alison as their class did the foam eggs yesterday.  Sami thought they were  - orrrrsome, lol.
Later in the afternoon when the kids were in the pool with Marlene watching them, I attempted to make rainbow coloured cupcakes using three different coloured batters …
IMG_8724IMG_8725
but I think I did something wrong as instead of the colours staying in layers they moved around and they looked completely different in each cake.
IMG_8729IMG_8728
Oh well, I am sure they will still be enjoyed.
I often get asked how I manage to do craft etc. with four children and to be honest it is not always easy especially when I think about the cleaning up afterwards. Today this little fella was in good form.
IMG_8721
That allowed us to get the cards done but on most days we try to squeeze in some craft when he sleeps which is usually not long. Also I am very fortunate to have a housekeeper, which is a definite plus to living in the Middle East, and this helps a great deal. Sometimes I feel sad that Laith does not get to do craft with us as he is at school but then even on the days when he is home he is not as interested in joining us anymore especially if it is messy craft, Winking smile.
Now if I could just get a little sewing time into my day I would be thrilled!
Thanks for stopping by …

4 comments:

  1. Love those cupcakes!! And the projects are all adorable. I think all our artwork around here for Easter will be coloring the eggs on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes look wonderful! That's one happy looking baby too (even if he does wake up too early!)
    Wow, you're so lucky to have a housekeeper, what a difference that must make to daily life.
    Have a very happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know I have NEVER coloured an egg! LOL. THey did it in Lulu's class and seemingly the trick is put 12 eggs in a big pan cover with water and add a cup of vinegar and that stops them from breaking!

    Kel believe me everyday I count myself lucky to have Marlene with us. Over here I would say 90% of households have housekeepers (or maids as they are commonly known). It took me a while to get used to someone living with us and being here all the time but now I don't know what I would do without her.

    Happy Easter gals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    Those hopping bunnies and the cup cakes look sooooo adorable!
    Your kids are totally adorable, I have to say.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Love from India...

    ReplyDelete