There is a creative feel in the air.
Yesterday the Elementary School presented 1000 cranes to the Japanese Ambassador as a token of their wish for relief for those struck by the recent earthquake disaster in Japan. It is the Japanese custom to make 1000 paper cranes and make a wish. There were in fact over 2000 cranes so lets hope it’s a double whammy wish.
Today we “gooped” around a bit after lunch.
Then there was some painting time.
These little canvas kits from Carrefour are great at 1 rial 500 baiza with all that you need including brushes, paint tray, paints and the canvas.
Sorry the photos are a but naff I took them on my phone.
We also took the splash pool out of the box and assembled it!
Hopefully tomorrow I can make sense of the filter manual and put that together.
My Aussie friends here in Muscat will never believe what I found in Al Fair today
Ro 1.165 (AUD $2.87 that is not too bad is it?) for a little home land sweetness!
Oh and I made a cake … then I forgot about it we were able to save a little from the middle for afternoon tea
Thanks for stopping by …
Tim Tams often cost more than that here!
ReplyDeleteThe paper cranes have a very unique look - just beautiful. Looks like you're getting lots of creating time - good stuff!
Clo, I think that is a great price for Tim Tams. They were just on sale for 2 for $4. I am used to seeing American foods here being 3x the price they are in the US. (strange these days since our exchange rate is totally rockin!).
ReplyDeleteI always love the photos of your kids having fun.
Sara I know what you mean. I would love to buy a few packs and keep them in the freezer for special treats as I know it is probably a "one off" stocking of the biscuits BUT if they are there then they will be eaten LOL so I had better not. Sara my sister was saying how expensive everything is in Australia at the moment compared to the states as the shops have not adjusted the prices in line with the exchange. Crazy huh.
ReplyDeleteKel, I wish I could do more but I really am trying to get a little creative play in each day.