Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Danjal’s Birthday

Today we went to Danjal’s 5th birthday party. It was very nice to go to a party that was a good old fashioned simple affair and lots of fun for the kids as I feel too often these days parties can get a bit extravagant and we forget that kids just want to have fun.
IMG_0042
(see that lovely lady in the background she is due to give birth to twins any day now!)
I was pleased to have made a bag and crayon roll and booklet for Danjal.
IMG_8786
The messenger bag was a mix of tutorials as I have yet to find a method that I am totally happy with but I shall keep trying Winking smile. The fabrics were from my stash and the embroidery was some iron patches I had in my embellishment box.
IMG_8782
The back of the bag and crayon roll.
IMG_8784
The booklet is simple. Just a piece of felt folder over with some elastic inside so you can take A4 paper and fold in half and slip it through the elastic for an instant new booklet each time. This was the first time I had done this but I think it is a nice keepsake too.
Danjal’s mum made an amazing cake for later that was super delicious. It is a traditional Faroese cake with meringue , apple and caramel, mmmmm it was really good. I am a bit ashamed to say that before meeting Solva and her lovely family I did not know of the Faroe Islands!
Speaking of food I have not blogged much lately about my Deceptively Delicious cooking. I do manage to “sneak” some veg puree into many of the dishes but last night I was pretty blatant about it. We had “artists Night” where the kids could decorate their plates with the veg purees. It started with a base of mash potatoes (with cauliflower puree mixed in), then we snipped the corner of the purees and made our masterpieces and then we ate them. Sorry for the awful pictures but this was the best I got …
IMG_0040

IMG_0038
Lulu said hers was called “Happy Man with Crazy Hair”.
Thanks for stopping by …

No comments:

Post a Comment