In my efforts to butt out of my children’s learning process I have to keep reminding myself that it is not the end product but the process that got us there that is important.
Take for example your children’s art work. Do you try to influence the colours or how it drawn / painted? I remember once when Laith was very little our housekeeper telling him to draw within the lines and I jumped in and said NO he should draw how ever he liked. But here I am now trying to influence them with colour.
I found myself the other day saying to Lulu and Sami not to use so much black. Then as I heard myself I stopped and thought about it. If I keep quiet then they will have the freedom to choose what they want, they will experiment with colour and if the black ends up covering the other work then maybe they will realise that so much black might just overpower the colours or maybe they just like it that way. What ever the case I need to learn to butt out and remember that the fun is the process not the end result!
Here is Lulu’s painting today of a cat in the rain …
And Sami said this was Batman looking for a rocket …
My darling husband went out this afternoon for his usual fortnightly haircut. Nothing unusual except he came home without any hair!
Oh well it is just hair and it grows back 
The kids thought it was a hoot.
Thanks for stopping by …
Wise words. I need to be quiet a little more often too.
ReplyDelete