Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hot Cross Buns

Can you believe this is the first time I have made hot cross buns!
IMG_8746
I was inspired by Tracy over at Mad Quilter and Kel over at The Handmaden with their great pictures of home baked buns. Mine are a little too brown I think but then my oven and I have had a long on again off again relationship and I think today was an off day.
The recipe I followed was this one from Best Recipes. It was pretty simple compared to a few others that I looked at. I used my breadmaker to make the dough but I have to tell you that stuff was very sticky to work with but it looks like it was worth it.
I also used my Paprika App on my iPad and stored this recipe. Have seen this app it is great. You can download from the web, copy and paste or just type in your recipes. It can create a shopping list, has a timer for when you are baking and a great meal planner where you can drag your recipes from your folders into the plan for the week (and if you want it then makes a grocery list for you). Very good. Oh and if you want to share recipes with family and friends you can buy a cloud app for $9.99 per year and then you have access to each others etc. Pretty cool.
Thanks for stopping by …

4 comments:

  1. I'll check the App out :) I really liked that recipe..made it 3 times so far ;) will make another batch tomorrow! Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look fantastic hope you have had a great easter with lots of chocolates XXoo S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I have missed so many of your posts! Been away too long! I have NEVER had these buns! These and those Anzac Biscuits! I am really keen on the App so thanks there!

    ReplyDelete