Monday, February 07, 2011

We have today

It is the end of the day. I am sitting here convincing my 3 month old baby to stay asleep. Sometimes he opens just one eye to see if I am still here and then he smiles, it makes me smile and my heart melt. I could be angry or mad that he just won’t sleep but how I can I be when he is just so beautiful. There is nothing like unconditional love is there?

Earlier today I took this picture…IMG_8170

I am the first to admit that I lose my patience at the end of the day when the kids are squabbling and I feel I have achieved very little. I hate it when bedtimes are fight as I hate the last interaction I have with the munchkins to be a negative one. Do you ever feel this way?

We have today my friends, but what if things went very pear shaped tomorrow would we regret how we spent our day?

I read a very sobering post tonight over on Made By Lex, a lovely blog I follow. Alexis posted that her niece had passed away last Sunday. She had the flu. She died. She was 5. It is just so very sad.

What amazed me is how she describes how the little girls parents have dealt with their grief. In times like that people often as God Why Me, or they question if there is a God because why would he take a little girl so soon but this couple have such strong faith that they felt some joy. My heart goes out to them and their children and family. My thanks goes to them for inspiring me. My thanks to Alexis for making me stop and think.

A lovely friend came over this morning for a coffee and chat. We can talk until the cows come home and still some LOL. I said she had a magic touch with Eyad as he slept for 3 hours straight after she left which is just unheard of! So while he slept I raced upstairs to continue on my quest to sort out my fabric. I was up to the quilting fabric today. Please dear friends,

DO NOT LET ME BUY ANY MORE FABRIC until I have stash busted this lot.

I had actually forgotten about all the lovely fat quarters, charm packs, jelly rolls and layer cakes I had there.

IMG_8171

As I was going through the fabrics I kept thinking of things I would like to do with them so I decided to enter them in an quick “to-do when inspired” type list on my iPad so that I can remind myself of all the lovely projects I have sitting right there in my cupboard.

IMG_8169

No deceptive cooking tonight. Yes the kids did get fed but some regular noodles, veg and turkey bacon. Ah but Sami did have his Chocolate (and beetroot – shhhh) cupcake today and thought it was “yummy yummy in my tummy” so cute!

Thanks for stopping by and give your kids an extra hug today in honor of little Stella Maria.

3 comments:

  1. life is just so precious. Thanks for reminding me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Clo. That is so tragic but faith can be amazing thing if you have it. I hate the sort of days you are describing too but every night, even if the children are alseep, I kiss them and them that mummy and daddy and their siblings love them. I believe that their hearts can hear those words and that they will wake each morning believing them. PS I will never, ever tell you to stop buying fabric as you can never have too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely long and interesting post! So many things to wonder at and ponder. Our children are just so wonderful aren't they?
    If you weren't so far away I could surely help you out with that stash! ;)

    ReplyDelete