Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day at School

It all started about a week ago when Laith told me that they were going to exchange Valentines at school but so it didn’t seem too mushy they had renamed it Friendship Day.  The idea was to make some cards etc. From reading some of the blogs I follow in the next few days I could see that exchanging Valentines can be a bit more fun if you want to do more than a card.

IMG_8263

So we got to work and I am pleased to say that all three children took in their Friendship Pouches to school today and gave them to all the kids in their class and their teachers, and librarians, school counselor, the nurses … are you getting an idea of the number of pouches, LOL.

IMG_8270

Note to self – next time think through the logistics of having to do the same thing for three classes – geez you would think I would have learned from the fruit kebabs last Wednesday!

The pouch was made with PUL fabric I had left over from my Bubbas and Mummas nappy making days. The kids all helped with the “card” on the front. I based these on THIS tutorial I saw over on Dana Made It. Using PUL meant I did not have to serge which saved some time but boy oh boy sewing on all those little Velcro pieces was a pain I tell you.

Inside was a mini pack of Skittles for the adults and Grade 3 kids and in the Early Childhood classes there was a mini kit kat along with a little note suggesting they reuse the pouch. IMG_8265

They were well received and I hope that by reusing the pouches they are reminded that friendship is a wonderful thing.

All the kids were so stoked with their cards and Valentines they received. Both Lulu and Sami thought is was really fun to make their bags at school and then exchange cards etc. IMG_8272

It is so hard to get Sami to look at the camera so I have to include this picture. IMG_8273

and Lulu wanted a close up of her bag that she was so proud of making. IMG_8274

They also both made cards to send home to “Mom” (got to love the American LOL) and Dad.

IMG_8276

IMG_8277Thanks for stopping by…

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You are one brave lady making all those pouches. I think I just heard my sewing machine cough and splutter at the thought hehe
    They look really cute though, and I am glad the kids had fun helping and giving them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...Isra...with four kids and all the busy routine, you made those pouches...lovely...

    Happy Valentines day to you ....you deserve an extra hug...

    ReplyDelete