Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

I was very spoiled this morning with some lovely gifts from my husband. I usually make some things for him and this year was no exception except the making was less than the ready made given that I am still finding the right technique to juggling four children and the daily activities and errands. See this little chap here sitting nicely…

IMG_8280

well he is not always as a patient as this and just loves to be held by his mumma!

Lulu and Sami helped me draw our family on some calico which I then stitched on a lovely heart shaped fluffy pillow. IMG_8279This is for Ali’s chair in his office at home. When Ali got home the kids were keen to open his gifts.IMG_8281 In fact Sami just got in there and opened them himself!IMG_8283 Do you like the gift box? We reused an Australia Post box which the kids coloured in. IMG_8282

Then there was the cake…IMG_8287

you are probably wondering why his cake is covered in Dora and Boots toothpicks and cocktail umbrellas. Well after constructing the cake, icing  it and decorating it I turned around to see the strawberries slipping down the side (gasp) so I had to put something in them to keep them there and I could not find the regular toothpicks Winking smile

IMG_8289

The cake was cut and happily devoured.

It was a packet mix (hanging my head low here guys) done in a heart shaped pan. But I only had one pan so I had to cook two one after the other which was a bit time consuming. On the bottom layer I added some choc chips to the mix but they all sank to the bottom. 

IMG_8292The middle is strawberry jam and nutella, a bit decadent really but very nice indeed. The strawberries on top were lovely and sweet.

Looks like the kids approved …IMG_8291

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have had a lovely Valentines Day and remembered all those in your life who make you feel good and loved.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post! For the next time that you need to use chocolate chips in a cake; take about 1 Tbsp of the cake mix or flour (there is NOTHING WRONG with a cake mix man!) and coat the chocolate chips. Then mix them in the cake and they will evenly disperse throughout the cake. You can also bake the cake for about 10 - 15 minutes and take it out and mix them in. They will be even. Good luck and let me know if it works for you! Oh, I had a lovely day, went to Sur with a bunch of friends. However, my hubby forget it was V Day! :(

    ReplyDelete