Tuesday, February 01, 2011

She Danced, She Laughed, I Smiled.

When your children do things that make you smile it is just the best feeling in the world. IMG_8139

I took Lulu along to her first ballet class today and she was so excited.

For the whole class she has a big smile on her face watching her Prima Ballerina teacher in awe. IMG_8137

Where else can you put your feet up on the walls / mirrors? Certainly not at home Winking smile

IMG_8136

I said we would try the class and if she likes it we will get her some ballet shoes and kit but for today it was her dress up Hello Kitty ballet outfit that did the job. IMG_8138

After the class coming home in the car she still had a big smile on her face and she said “You know mummy that ballet class was everything I had dreamed it would be”, oh sweet. Let’s see if her enthusiasm stays up in the weeks to come.

Speaking of enthusiasm and sticking to things I did day one of week one of the Couch to 5 K (C25K).  I have never liked running but I am going to give this a go and see if I can not move some of this 7 year baby weight! There is a cool app for it too and podcasts you can download. All the tools are there now I just need the motivation and determination to succeed. When I was on the treadmill this morning I thought I was going to die, afterward I felt exhilarated and now sitting here in bed I feel pain, lol, I may not be able to walk tomorrow Winking smile

Any Deceptively Delicious tips for today? Well we were home a little late from class so it was a simple fish and salad meal for the kids. However I did get some fruit into them for desert. I had placed some peeled bananas in a ziplock bag in the freezer a few days ago. I took them out and mashed them with my hand held blender, it comes up nice and fluffy like a light ice-cream. Then I sprinkled some biscuit crumbs on top (when I slightly burnt the first batch of Anzacs the other day I crushed them up and put them in the freezer). I did put a small scoop of ice-cream on top and in Sami’s case there was just a little of the banana hidden below but still a “little” is a lot more than he would normally eat so I call that a winner!

Thanks for stopping by …

5 comments:

  1. She looks soooo... happy. Hope she continues to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Isra she does look happy and i hope she continues to enjoy it.

    Good on you for being creative in your cooking i think that i need to get that book for my girls as they are very, very picky eaters!

    All the best with the running i never liked running either!

    Lots of love from Malaysia xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did ballet for 6 years when I was young and it was great.
    I hope your weight loss goes well, I'm trying to shift a few kilos that have crept back on too. Isn't it difficult finding time to exercise with a little one!? I'm a walker - not a runner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...that's lovely...glad that she is enjoying it

    ReplyDelete
  5. she looks so lovely and happy! the parents are enjoying watching the little ones too! all the best on that front!

    what exactly are you doing? I have a treadmill!

    ReplyDelete