Sunday, February 06, 2011

In the Kitchen

This morning I attended a very informative session at the children's school about reading and writing for children. I feel so lucky and blessed that my munchkins love books. However I do feel a little sad that I have not managed our time better in the past few months and we are missing our usual story time before bed on some nights. I really need to work out a better system in the evenings as at the moment from cooking dinner to bedtime for all the children including Eyad is far from smooth sailing. Any ideas?

This afternoon I thought I would bake some muffins for the kids and another banana loaf for the freezer.

IMG_8162

Eyad was very fussy this afternoon so I should have just given up because when you see how lopsided my banana bread is you can see I was only giving it half (if that) of my attention Winking smile I really like the texture the bananas and cauliflower puree give it.

In the muffins I added a spoon of coca and 1/2 cup beetroot puree which gives them the reddish colour.

IMG_8163Kids loved them!

For dinner we had a vegetarian bubble and squeak.

IMG_8167

Packed full of veg and I still added a 1/2 cup of butternut squash puree and some mozzarella to make them kids friendly!

IMG_8168

Lulu thought they were great, Sami was in tantrum mode and would not eat and Laith was in a bad mood so he just picked at his food. Just one of those nights. I also did a little peanut butter and coconut milk sauce for the kids to dip them into which tasted yummy (only a finger dip for me as I knew that was one that would race to my hips!).

As the oven was on I threw in a small batch of WW brownies …

IMG_8164

and also a few butternut squash to boost my puree stock in the freezer.

A busy week this week and I feel exhausted already!

Thanks for stopping by…

No comments:

Post a Comment