Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Yay for garment sewing & Happy 39th National Day

Oh how I have missed you patterns and fabric and real clothes … time to do some garment sewing again after my few weeks of craft fair bits and pieces. lulu spa robe drafted

This is the beginning of 2 bathrobes for Lulu and her best friend Noora who are celebrating (albeit a few days late) Lulu’s birthday with a pampering at the spa tomorrow morning and then a girly lunch. I am now madly rushing to make them some robes to wear as I could not buy any in Muscat that were suitable.

Off to pick up my overlocker / serger (I wonder why Australians and Americans have different names for this machine?? anyone know??) and hopefully sew into the night and get these done and embroidered.

his majesty It is National Day today. and should His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said be reading my blog while having his morning coffee then I wish you a very happy day sir and hope for many more prosperous years of ruling to come. Oman is a wonderful country to live in and it is easy knowing that it would not be as it is if it were not for this man and his leadership. It took a lot of convincing to get Sami to wear his dishdasha (national dress) today and silly me forgot to take a picture and no doubt when I pick him up he will be covered in yogurt and playdough and picture worthy LOL.

POST NOTE - Here is a pick of the worn out boy asleep after nursery still in his dishdasha which he WOULD NOT LET ME TAKE OFF, you have to laugh don't you!


Thanks for stopping by …

1 comment:

  1. I initially thought that he was Laith, my how grown up his hair doo makes him look.... Sob Sob

    ReplyDelete