I had a request to see the robe and slippers up close so here are a few pictures for you.
For the robe I used Ottobre Winter 04/2005 pattern #19 Childs bathrobe in 104 size but to be honest I could have added another 10 inches to the length and shortened the sleeves. The fleece I used was like a mock chenille and very stretch so that might have something to do with it. I will use this pattern again this year to make the kids some winter robes but I will definitely go up a few sizes and do trial fittings.
FrontClose up of embroidery (this is from Bunnycup Embroidery called Buzy Girls which I got ages ago BUT the great news for you is that Ashley has now retired that set so it is FREE!!!!, she has some of the best quality designs on the market)
Back
(I used the Button Appliqué embroidery design set and the Bunnycup font both from Bunnycup Embroidery – who are also having a 35% sale and I got a further 15% off as a special for the month being a return customer – not bad!). Just a tip if using terry of fleece like this use a water soluble stabilizer on top it makes the stitching much neater).
The fabric in the appliqué is from Sandi Henderson’s Farmers Market range. Also the slipper fabric is from the same range.
Slippers – please excuse the hair from the hairdressers yesterday as I have yet to wash them. If anyone is looking to make some house slippers there is a nice site called The Pink Slipper Project that I recommend. For Lulu and Noora’s slippers I just traced a pair of shoes, and took it from there. I used two layers of quilters batting and some wool felt my sister had left with me from her pretty dolls that she makes. I had planned to overlock/serge them but my machine was not happy with the thickness and curves so in the end I just put some packaged binding around them. Not a perfect job but at this stage it was midnight and I needed to get them done – not perfect!
This was a really enjoyable project to do. I was unable to find kids bathrobes on the market here so in the end I got this double blanket and made them myself. Sure they are not perfect but they were made with love and that must count for something these days!
Thanks for stopping by …
Of course they are special and spectacular woman! Great job and such lucky kids!
ReplyDeleteOh I wish I lived closer. I want you to teach me how to use my embroidery machine!
ReplyDeleteThose are wonderful!
Ohh Isra its beautiful i was actually in Salman the other day eyeing the Memory Craft embroidery machine oh i am so tempted to get it espcially after seeing your work!
ReplyDeleteIf i could only spare 1000 OMR to buy it!!!
WOW, WOW, WOW, they are just so lovely, you are so talented.
ReplyDeleteGill in Canada
These are stunning Clo - I am so tempted to get an embroidery machine...maybe for Christmas!
ReplyDelete