Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lulu's knee

Yawn, its just past 1am and we are home from the hospital and I am sitting here waiting for Lulu to go to sleep.

This afternoon she was playing on the trampoline and landed on her knee the wrong way. She is a tough nut but this time she was crying lots. After I put her to bed she was whimpering in her sleep and not moving her left leg. Then she woke crying saying it hurt too much and she had a low grade fever so we decided to take her up to the hospital.

The physical examination shows nothing, maybe a sprain. The doctor asked if I wanted to do an xray anyway and I said yes. Well the xray shows a hairline fracture but again the two doctors that examined her after the xray are sure there is no fracture as she doesn't have any swelling or she does not "scream enough" when touched. They have put her in a leg backcast and asked us to come tomorrow and have another xray and see the Orthopedic doctor (both of which don't start work until 4pm! obviously they consult and have regular day jobs at the public hospitals).

She is almost asleep so I shall sign off now and get to bed, the school run for Laith will be here before I know it LOL.

(Mum I will speak with you in the morning after the school run)

Nite nite

4 comments:

  1. Oh Clo...
    Big Big hugs for Lulu. I hope the damage isn't too sever. Poor little pixie :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little chicken! Hope it isn't too bad and the ortho gives you the all-clear. Hugs, Katxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hugs for your gorgeous girl Clo. Lucky that kids heal pretty quick - I'm sure she will be back on her feet in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks gals, she is a real little trooper so it makes my job much easier.

    ReplyDelete