Thursday, June 11, 2009

Books and HSBC

Today was "Take your kids to work" day at HSBC so off Lulu went this morning with daddy to work. She had lots of fun and I picked her up at 11am while I dropped off Laith for his turn.

Lulu is proudly wearing her T-shirt now - so well done HSBC you have a "happy customer".


Lulu and I headed off to the Guides Book tent at PDO. We didn't get there until nearly 12 and it was going to close at 12.30 so we didn't get the pick of the crop but we still got great books for a fantastic bargain. The books are in great condition.

This bunch of 30 books has a variety for Sami and Lulu (even a Charlie and Lola book so Lulu was stoked!) for the grand total of 3 Rials (approx AUD $10). The C&L book alone new here is 4 Rials ;-)
Then I got some reading books for Laith. There are some Goosebumps and some other series that I had not heard of but the Guides told be they were hilarious (but more for boys LOL). So there are 17 books for 3.400 Rial (AUD $10.80) what a bargain considering I purchased one Famous Five book last week from Borders for about the same amount.
And I found this little treasure. (click picture to enlarge)

It was printed in 1964 and it is the sweetest little how to sew book in great condition. I thought I would keep if for the kids in hope that one of them might take an interest one day. Yep it was 100 baiza (AUD 30cents), even sweeter!

I am starting on teachers gifts tonight as school / nursery is finishing in two weeks time.

Here is Sami. My sister must think this picture should have horns drawn on top, as every time i am talking with her on msn at night I am complaining of exhaustion and relating tales of my "little angels" gosh I am mad as she will never come again if I keep up the bad publicity. So here is a good marketing shot!

P.S. Edited to Add
Laith is home now so I wanted to add his picture. He came home very happy with his day and he even let them draw on him. Anyone who knows laith knows that you can't go within cooeee of him with any kind of face or body paint so WELL DONE HSBC gals!
Also they asked him to draw a picture of "what you want to be when you grow up" and again anyone who knows Laith knows that he is "not going to grow up he wants to be a kid forever". So I was shocked when he showed me this picture. He quickly added, "Mum, you know I am not going to grow up, but this is a picture of "what if" I did grow up, but it's not going to happen ok". OK so it is a very small step ... yay. Oh and in case you are wondering it is a Park Ranger! (Ali misunderstood him and he thought he wanted to be a carpark valet LOL, gotta love lost in translation don't you!!!!).


Thanks for stopping by ...

No comments:

Post a Comment